Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sleepover

Last weekend we had our first overnight guests come....my niece and nephew! They were so excited on the car ride over, it was absolutely adorable. I loved having them in our house and getting to do all kinds of fun things with them. We showed them a good time, small town style. Our first destination was the Gas City petting zoo where we fed a lot of goats and Peyton discovered that although ducks are small and cute, they bite! Adam and I were cracking up watching them feeding the animals. Peyton gave every animal one pellet of food at a time, thinking that was substantial enough, while Ava dumped her food at the feet of the goats often to avoid a ruckus. It was a lot of fun and the kids were definitely surprised by the exoticness of the animals present. Peyton looks like he's reasoning with the goats here, haha.

After the zoo we were all pretty hot so we cooled off by playing with a sprinkler rocket thing the kids brought with them. Adam loved it so much and kept thinking of things to launch off of it. We were all soaked and grassy by dinner time, but we had so much fun! 

This picture doesn't do it justice, it shot really high, I just couldn't get a picture of it!

Ava refused to wear a shirt because she said it was too pretty:) 

We spent the rest of the night decorating very sugary sugar cookies and playing piano and watching the Strawberry Shortcake movie on Netflix. It was such a great couple of days and Adam and I had a blast. I love those kids so much and I'm glad I got to make a wonderful summer memory with them. 

1 comment: