Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Momma!

I just love this picture of my mom. I think it shows her personality so well. Silly with a big warm smile. 

   When I think of my mom I think of warmth, and generosity, and strength, and maybe a dash of emotion in there too:) I have learned so much from her and I'm proud to say I am like her in so many ways.

She showed me how fun it is to do things for people, and that's its ok to cry sometimes.

She demonstrated what it means to put others above yourself and how to love with a big heart.

She is playful and silly and tender and loving and bubbling over with empathy and compassion for others.

She loves to remember little things that people like and then buy them tons of it randomly
(which is why our house is stocked full of nutella and sour candy, not that I'm complaining of course!).

She cries at birthday cards and Hallmark commercials.

She loves hugs and good books.


And when she loves you, you know it and you'll probably always feel it. 


Happy birthday Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You made me cry! I know that is a shocker. How very precious that was. You touched my heart so deeply. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet comment on your mother's life! Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete