Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ghosts Upon the Earth

For awhile now I've been slightly discouraged with the lack of creativity and beauty in the mainstream Christian music. I love worship songs but the Christian radio-style music is often times lacking in my opinion. Adam and I have discussed this issue several times and we get discouraged that as Christians who are close and intimate with the Creator we can't drum up a little more creativity in our music and lyrics.  So recently we've been on the hunt for some good Christian music that has some depth and intrigue. Our discovery....Gungor. No it is not an infectious disease, it is a relatively new Christian band. I heard one of their songs on the radio at work and Adam looked into them a little more and we discovered we had hit the jackpot! The words are full of biblical truth, the melodies are interesting and complex, and the whole thing just speaks to the beauty of our creator God. Their new album "Ghosts Upon the Earth" comes out in just a couple days and promises to be a good listen. Here's one of the new songs...

Tell me that's not marvelous and absolutely beautiful?

3 comments:

  1. yes! i love Gungor. if you haven't heard Beautiful Things yet, listen and love.

    I need to see you soon. When you feel settled in your classes and the new hustle of the semester, give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice song. Thanks for putting it up. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days. I love you bunches.Tell Adam Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Jesus and John is another very good song. Have you listened to that one yet?

    ReplyDelete