Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Relaxation

This past weekend was full of some much needed fun and relaxation! Saturday we started our day by stuffing ourselves with breadsticks from Fazoli's and then headed out for a Fall-filled day. We went to Tuttle's orchard and picked some juicy apples for me to enjoy.

 Then Adam embarked out through the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin for this year. We always try to find a pumpkin thats not quite perfect but has some character that lends itself to a fun face. Last time we picked a pumpkin we looked for a grumpy one, so this year we looked for one that might be good for a big goofy up-turned grin. I think we succeeded but we'll have to wait and see what Adam's artful mind produces!


Then.....I was sooooo excited because we decided to do some Christmas shopping in Indy!!! I love shopping, and I love shopping for other people more than anything! I was literally hyperventilating at points....Adam tried his best to calm me down and keep me from passing out. For dinner, we ate at Five Guys for the first time and talked about how restaurants should always just have one dish that they are really good at instead of serving a million different options. Needless to say, Five Guys makes excellent burgers and fries (and veggie sandwiches) and that's all they make, hence our insightful conversation!
The day ended with some pumpkin frozen yogurt (!!!!!) and a recap of what a wonderful weekend we had. We sat on bright colored couches, eating frozen yogurt and breathing deeply.... I didn't think about homework or work or lesson planning for church or anything else that frequently bogs down my thoughts. It was an absolutely perfect weekend that served to refresh us both and make us ready to face another week of busy-ness. I'm so thankful for these days where I can focus on sunshine and conversation and relationship and fun, it makes things feel right.

1 comment:

  1. Malinda you have such a beautiful way with words. I am so happy that you share parts of your life on this wonderful blog. It is so awesome to read about all that you are doing. I love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete