Friday, August 12, 2011

Who's There?

The last time I saw my nephew and niece I taught them the fine art of knock-knock jokes. They loved it. They acted like they had never heard a joke in their life, it was adorable! Well, I saw them today when I had lunch with my lovely sister and they are still hard at work perfecting their own knock-knock jokes. Michelle and I were just dying listening to the jokes they came up with. Like, "light who? Light bulb." and "teeth who? Teeth that you can chew with." They obviously do not quite get the point of a pun or how to cleverly use 'who' to your advantage. I loved it though. After they finished eating they said knock-knock jokes back and forth the entire time. I had a chance to put in a few of my own like the classics, "orange you glad I didn't say banana?" and "lettuce have a  party!" They didn't get the point of them but they were cracking up anyway. Their favorite is still the "boo-who/don't cry about it" joke. That one never gets old. I had such a great time with them today. I think since I've been gone I can just see in their eyes how much they adore spending time with me. Its a marvelous feeling, and of course its mutual. I loved everything about their laughs and facial expressions, their wit and talking about everything from school to football and Hello Kitty. They are extraordinary kids that are going to grow up to be extraordinary people. I just know it.









2 comments:

  1. They love being with you so much. They get so excited at the thought of seeing you. Peyton has said more than once today that Aunt Malinda is coming to his football game.
    Today they enjoyed telling me their knock knock jokes. So cute. Peyton loves the one about lettuce. I'm so glad you had a nice time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love reading your blogs. You have such a wonderful and amazing way with words. I love you

    ReplyDelete